ALLADALE WILDERNESS RESERVE
Alladale showcases remote, raw Scottish Highlands like no other property. Set in 23,000 acres amid mountains, forest and lochs be prepared for your heart to be captured. Their eco credentials are as impressive as the scenery and with a real focus on sustainability and connection to the local community, guests are guaranteed an unparalleled experience.
- Restoring the balance of nature by reintroducing wildlife and natural predators into the once ‘Great Forest of Caledon’
- Conservation work includes extensive native tree planting, peatland restoration.
- An education programme which offers an expert-led environmental journey for local school children.
- Your stay contributes directly to the work of their charity partner “The European Nature Trust” which supports wildlife and conservation projects across Europe
- A 1.5 acre ‘Aquaponic’ Garden that produces food with almost no environmental impact
Alladale Lodge is a large Victorian manor house that sleeps up to 14 guests. Available only on an exclusive use basis, it is the ultimate private getaway. Fully catered and serviced, you can spend your days outdoor adventuring and your nights relaxing by a roaring fire with dram of whisky to warm your heart. If you’re looking for total seclusion, Eagle’s Crag or Ghillies Rest Cottages provide exquisite comfort and a sense of real isolation. The food is locally sourced, often being produced on the reserve, the meat is ethically culled and the menu adapts seasonally. There are an array of onsite and offsite activities from ranger guided tours of the reserve to historical day trips to local castles.
BWW LOVES IT BECAUSE…
Alladale believe education is a fundamental building-block of the conservation process and is an integral part of their vision. Alladale’s off-grid setting is uniquely Scottish and the overriding experience of guests is of feeling part of Highland life.
- Four lodges are available that can cater between 2 and 30 guests
- Alladale lodge is Exclusive use only and is fully serviced and catered
- 1 hour north of Inverness, the Reserve is easily accessible.
- Onsite activities include hiking, ranger tours, clay pigeon shooting
OTHER ECO-MMODATIONS IN OUR LIST
SHINTA MANI WILD
FOGO ISLAND INN