Pacuare Lodge is a luxury, eco-hotel perched on the banks of the Pacuare River. Set on a private reserve, in the heart of the Talamanca Mountains the lodge offers unparalleled access to this vibrant exotic part of the world. Arriving by white water rafting gives you a taste for the adventure about to come….
- They generate all their own electricity. Electricity usage is kept to a minimum, but what they do use is powered by clean energy, generated by a turbine in a nearby stream.
- All Pacuare Lodge staff are from local communities and 95% of the rafting guides are from Turrialba, the closest city to the lodge.
- Bathrooms are equipped with biodegradable soap and shampoo and the water for their showers is solar heated.
- Over the years, the lodge has purchased 840 acres of primary rainforest along the river to protect the local ecosystem and offset the carbon created by their vehicles. All tours are carbon neutral.
- The lumber used to build the lodge is from a reforestation used by local farmers. No trees were destroyed for the lodge and materials used for the construction were from local sources.
Pacuare Lodge is designed to give their guests the experience of being in a tropical rainforest without sacrificing comfort. The 20 suites are individual, private and spacious, offering outdoor showers, revolutionery cooling systems and luxurious day beds.
Much of the food served at Pacuare is produced on their own organic farm, Las Nubes de The lodge have spent time with local farmers, teaching them organic farming methods so they can supplement the farm’s production. Inspired by the seasons and local cuisine, you’ll enjoy an unforgettable & innovative dining experience at Pacuare.
Course through rapids, rugged canyons and tropical rainforests on one of the world’s most exotic and scenic rivers, spend time with a local conservationist and gain a real understanding of what sucessful conservation looks like.
BWW LOVES IT BECAUSE…
Pacuare Lodge is unforgettable in so many ways, the overwelming sense of protecting the environment they inhabit is palpable. The lodge blends impeccably into the rain forest and retreating back to your secluded villa will enhance your love of the jungle and restore you energy for adventures yet to come.
- 20 secluded villas and suites with private terraces
- For the adventurous, arrive by river as you course through rugged rapids
- Spend time at the iconic infinity pool and world class spa.
- Take part in unrivalled onside adventure experiences.
OTHER ECO-MMODATIONS IN OUR LIST
SHINTA MANI WILD
FOGO ISLAND INN