South of Lisbon, this stunning eco-retreat sits on a private 17-hectare estate, surrounded by cork trees and wild sand dunes. Sublime Comporta is a sleek, boutique hotel with a welcoming, family friendly atmosphere. Minutes away from miles of empty, white-sand beaches make this one of Portugal’s most beautiful spots.
- Sublime Comporta features a large Bio Pool (one of Europe’s largest). Plants are used to clean the water, avoiding the use of harsh chemicals;
- An Organic Garden with a variety of herbs, vegetables and edible flowers
- Cabanas are built in the local Comporta traditional style, respecting the cultural heritage of the farmers and fishermen
- Work with local fishermen and wineries and uses locally sourced produce
It is easy to miss Sublime Comporta, set back from the road this hidden gem is a firm favourite of BWW. The resort has 22 villas, from 2 to 5 bedrooms. Each villa has a private pool, fireplace and large outdoor area. The villas are spread across the resort giving an intimate, exclusive feel to the property.
Spend your days enjoying picnics on deserted beaches or on private lakes. The children will love adventures to discover Portugal’s dolphins, or go horseback riding along one of the longest beaches in Europe.
On site, Sublime have an array of activities available including a yoga pavilion (our fave), tennis and paddle courts, an organic garden, a forest garden and an orchard.
BWW LOVES IT BECAUSE…
The fresh strawberries and tomatoes grown in Sublime’s organic garden are perhaps the most delicious we’ve tasted. The hotel’s organic garden produces herbs, vegetables and edible flowers used throughout the resort. Comporta is effortless eco-chic, with a relaxed friendly vibe it is the perfect choice for families.
- Spa, sauna & yoga pavillion
- Organic garden, producing food for the resort and local community.
Complementary bikes for exploring
Private pool for each villa
- Tennis courts for free use or private lessons
- Bio-pool Suites
OTHER ECO-MMODATIONS IN OUR LIST
SOSSUSVLEI DESERT LODGE
1 HOTEL BROOKLYN BRIDGE