Bucket list tropical islands don’t come better than this. Truly unique and exclusive, the private island of Tetiaroa is surrounded by a turquoise lagoon, 30 miles north of Tahiti. The Brando has been developed with the Polynesian culture and sustainability in mind, exploring the resort is both indulgent yet nourishing for the soul.
- Part of the Blue Climate Initiative, a global initiative bringing together scientists, community groups, investors and others to protect the ocean and accelerate strategies to address the climate crisis.
- Scientific research has led to an AC system that is powered by a deep underwater system, helping the resort to become self-sustainable.
- Biofuel thermal power station runs on coconut oil.
- Conservation projects include a sustainable fishing program, a fish replenishment scheme and an atoll conservation plan.
- Provides guests with coral-friendly sun cream.
- The resort works closely with a Tahiti based non-profit organisation dedicated to the protection of the green sea turtle.
Each of the 35 thatched-roof villas are decked out with a private infinity pool, outside dining area and your own private stretch of powder-white sand and turquoise ocean, steps from your bedroom.
There are multiple restaurants to choose from across the island, some inspired by Polynesian fare and east meets west fusion. Combining organically grown ingredients from their gardens on site and fresh fish from the ocean fine dining is at it’s freshest here.
The Varua Te Ora Polynesian Spa specialises in holistic treatments and combines healing therapies with modern techniques.
BWW LOVES IT BECAUSE…
Just as Marlon Brando did we fell in love with the island at first sight. From the air, the island looks like a ring’s emerald gem surrounded by sapphires. The Brando is a leader in sustainability and is at the forefront of developing groundbreaking technologies that enhance sustainable practices.
- Marlon Brando’s former private atoll is now home to 35 beachfront villas.
- 30 miles north of Tahiti, Tetiaroa is a 15 minute flight away
- National Geographic Unique Lodge of the World
- Lagoon school for children from 6 – 12
- Award winning Polynesian spa & wellness centre offering personalised wellness journeys.
OTHER ECO-MMODATIONS IN OUR LIST
SOSSUSVLEI DESERT LODGE
1 HOTEL BROOKLYN BRIDGE
ALLADALE WILDNESS RESERVE